The Associate Attorney will work alongside Andrea P. Gray on local government, environmental, estate planning and general business law matters and is expected to expand the firm’s client base in these areas.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform legal research & prepare memorandums for senior attorneys
- Attend client meetings
- Direct communication with clients
- Prepare for and perform real estate closings for residential and commercial properties
- Make public presentations before local government boards
- Assist senior attorneys as directed
- Engage in community and networking events
- Draft contracts, inter-governmental agreements, resolutions, and other legal documentation
Skills & Competencies
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook, as well as document management and other office technologies.
- Strong ability to maintain high standards, use good judgment and seek out ways to contribute and anticipate needs.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to manage time effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills, and the ability to collaborate well in a team and manage client demands appropriately.
- Highly motivated to engage with the community, learn new skills, and generate business
Qualifications & Prior Experience
Candidate will have a Juris Doctorate degree. Must be licensed to practice law in the state of Georgia, or awaiting results of Bar Exam.
Preference will be given to those with experience in local government, real estate, and environmental law.
To apply, please submit your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com . We will be in touch with qualified candidates to set up an initial interview.